Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Congratulations, It's a Girl!


Well the results are in and I would like to officially introduce you all to Kate! She is a beautiful, petite, snow white, almost three year old Golden who will lead me into my first service dog training venture. I must admit that I was not-so-secretly hoping to match with one of the males so that I would not feel so guilty about my own girl golden Mazie waiting patiently back at home; however, the personality assessments felt differently and thus two "amiable expressives" have found one another. She is already so very bright and unlike some of the other dogs was eager to work with me. I believe she has what the school refers to as the non-monogamous characteristic: no need to bond here, she just wants to please! By this afternoon we were practicing entering and exiting elevator doors as well as working to turn on lights; don't worry I managed to sneak in multiple kiss and snuggle commands as well--she's a pro!
The dogs are staying at ADI tonight and then tomorrow they are officially ours. Thursday night commences the infamous "umbilical" period that will last through Monday morning. So, as you all go about your day to day activities this weekend, do think of me going about mine with Miss Kate continuously strapped to my hip! This should be interesting--wonder what she'll think of hotel room yoga? HAH! Stay posted for more pictures!
~Sarah

2 comments:

David said...

"Miss Kate". What a cutie! (C: Mazie Moo is pouting on the love-seat as I type this post. The Extended Stay sounds like a great opportunity to practice up on your "doh-gah" moves. Keep up the good work, Beedle! XO-D

Robin Bowen said...

Hey there Sarah,
You best be learning how they made the choice so "Will" will be the right boy for you.
His breeder will use whatever you tell her to make the right choice, so you get her # from Chattanooga and give her a call.
I read your blog, and will continue to read it- I am jealous and would love to be there learning so much!
Robin Bowen
Prism Golden Retrievers
Chattanooga, TN