Saturday, July 26, 2008

Diplomas and Certificates....Almost Homeward Bound!

Greetings from CA on my final day of school! What an experience these past two weeks have truly been. I am finding it really hard to believe that these entire six weeks are drawing to an end. The past two weeks have been absolutely remarkable; seeing the fruits of our hard labor and conscientious learning in action has been a tremendous reward. I have had the great fortune to watch Kate with her new handler and though I will admit to tearing up on occasion, I can finally see the big picture: someone's life is changing right before my eyes. The "assistance" that Kate brings to Elyse lies far beyond retrieving a dropped wallet or switching on a light; in its purest form, their relationship is about love, each party serving as the perfect missing link in the day to day life of the other. It is a beautiful thing to watch and I cannot wait to give you all the opportunity to see for yourselves.
I am homeward bound this weekend and will continue to post once I am back in Chattanooga. My time here has been amazing but the true fun is just beginning! Isn't it about time for a puppy shower? I'm thinking baby blue for some reason!
Thank you all so very much for following along this summer...the best is yet to come!
~Sarah

No comments: