Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Belated 4th from the Russian River!

Thought you'd all enjoy seeing a little off-duty service dog revelry. Several classmates and I decided to head to the river for a little sunshine, some serious swimming, and lots of tennis ball tossing. Hey, just because these guys can handle 90+ commands doesn't mean they don't need a holiday every now and then! I have to tell you, of all the vigorous retrieving, dirt rolling, and general good natured hell raising, you'll never guess who was leading the way...Prissy Miss Kate! It was a fantastic surprise; her beautiful white coat was completely black and suddenly (call me capricious), I wasn't so saddened to not have her going home with me...Good times here in CA.
~Sarah

1 comment:

Angel Logan said...

Sarah, my mom definitely makes sure that I get a lot of off duty play time. Like your photo, we just had a doggie play date at a river a couple of weeks ago.

Now we usually go to the beach and not the river so I'm not used to swimming so much. Mom noticed I wasn't quite myself the next day and it turns out I had "swimmers tail"! Ouch! Mom had never heard of it but our vet Dr. Ann knew right away. It's a painful inflammation at the base of the tail and my tail was hanging straight down, quite unlike my normal Golden plume!

I'm all better now with some meds and rest but I think I will have to blog about it so that other people will be made aware of it.

Wags and woofs,
Logan, Service Dog Extraordinaire

P.S. Good luck with your studies!