Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vladdie Hits the Red Carpet

I thought that you all might enjoy seeing my sweet Vladimir in NYC! After the Today Show appearance, the ADI clan set off for a series of press events for service animals as well as attending the Power of Paws launch party, a new, national initiative created to educate people about the mutual benefits of interacting with pets (think social/therapy). Here, Vladdie is pictured with Caridee English who is apparently the recent winner of the reality show America's Next Top Model. I will admit that I felt a bit betrayed; however, upon his return this week I couldn't help but to forgive him. Talk about a reunion!
Speaking of reunions, mine with the Southeast is rapidly approaching and I am ecstatic! Though I am weary of the return to heat and humidity, I am ready to see everyone and to get back to my own bed at last. One final week to go and what a big one it is sure to be...
Stay tuned!
~Sarah

2 comments:

cs said...

Hi Sarah,

We were all very excited to see the dogs reading on the Today Show. Now we want to teach our dogs to read.

All are eager for your return to Chatt. and to get started apllying all you have learned.

McKamey has been open three weeks and has taken in 465 animals. Dr. Amand must be soo tired.

I will be in Blue Ridge all next week but will be checking my e-mail for final notes and to hear all about the graduation.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah. My name is Regina Burson. I am a student at UTC studying psychology. I am interested in one day doing exactly what you are doing now, training rescued animals for service. I have just finished reading your blogs, and I must say I found them quite intriguing. You have had a busy month. I can't wait to hear all about your experience and hopefully working with you as a volunteer when you get back and into the swing of things again. Hope your last week goes great!